Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Idea for the New Year


I have a great idea for this coming year and it's going to be a oodles of fun for those of you that decide to participate.  Starting Saturday, 2 February 2013 I am going to offer those of you that are interested an opportunity to sign up for a UFO monthly get together. We provide the tea and coffee and you bring your own lunch and projects, you have use of the shop from 10:00 - 5:00 and the company of other like minded souls!  There is no charge for this, although a contribution of biscuits or baked goodies will be appreciated because you know how hard it is to keep up one's stamina.  There are so many women out there that don't have the company of a weekly group or don't have the time in their schedule.  I need a minimum of 6 people per session.  This is not a class but an informal get together, you'll find that if you are having a problem with a project then this is the perfect opportunity to consult with other quilters!  The dates are as follows 2/2, 2/3, 6/4, and 4/5.

Free Motion Quilting Class I - Sunday, 13 January
Just a quick reminder regarding an upcoming class on Free Motion quilting.  I have run this class at least twice in the past 12 months and it has been a huge success.  I will teach it once more and then we are on to Free Motion Quilting II in February, the class won't run again until next autumn.  Don't delay and sign up this week!!!  I do most of my own quilting and love the satisfaction of completing a quilt from start to finish.  This class will teach you what to practice and give you hands on experience stitching the different patterns.  You will complete a panel with over 20 patterns that you can practice on after class as well as use as a reference tool for future quilt projects.

Two examples of Free Motion Quilting with no pre marking or in the case of the 2nd picture, I used a connect the dots method!!


Tomorrow I'm going to show you my new project.  It's a fat quarter pattern and I've been cutting fabric this morning and hopefully there will be some sewing machine action tomorrow.  Yippee!!!!!
Happy Sewing
Anne Marie

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shop you have to sew in! I used to participate in a monthly gathering called "Banish the UFOs" at a local shop and it was so much fun. I made lovely friends, learned a lot, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I wish I were closer so I could join in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea isnt it lovely to get to sew for a day in the company of like minded people and with beautiful fabric all around you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really good idea, wish I wasn't half a days travel away!

    ReplyDelete